Have you ever thought about how the apps on your phone, tablet, smart watch, TV or car are developed? In this course, you’ll learn how to design and develop web and mobile applications for current and emerging devices.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
What will our future phones and devices do? How will our cars, houses and appliances connect seamlessly in day-to-day life?
In this degree, you’ll learn the theory, design, techniques and practices required to develop software systems for the internet, cloud and mobile devices, with a focus on client-server applications and mobile applications.
You’ll also explore advanced web programming, mobile application development for major mobile operating systems, cloud computing, server database management and programming, web services, and cross-platform development.
In the final year of your degree, you’ll take part in a professional practice project unit. This will include working in a team with other students and consulting with real clients to recommend, develop and implement new technologies to solve business problems.
10 reasons to study Mobile and Web Applications Development at Murdoch
- Five-star rating for student-teacher ratio, overall experience, student support and teaching quality*.
*Source: Good Universities Guide 2020.
- Make use of our brand new IT Innovation Hub, fitted out with the latest mixed and augmented reality equipment, operational data centre and high performance computing capabilities.
- Take on real-world clients with project based units.
- Access great scholarships like the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship Program.
- Choose from seven specifically designed IT majors that you can combine into double majors to broaden your skills and career opportunities.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- systems analysis, design and development
- advanced web programming
- web and mobile computing
- software development frameworks
- mobile application development.
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security and Forensics
- Games Software Design and Production
- Games Technology
- Internetworking and Network Security.
Your future career
Graduating with a major in Mobile and Web Application Development, you’ll possess the required skills for a range of careers in Australia and overseas.
Careers could include:
- Mobile Application Developer
- Computer Systems and Network Administrator
- Web Developer or Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst.
This course is accredited at the professional level with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
There may be a reduction in choice of units if completing this course in the external mode. Individual units may require access to specific nominated software.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.