Are you looking to further your career in information technology? This course will allow you to gain a thorough and practical grounding in network design, network administration, network management and security.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Organisations are increasingly concerned with network performance and security. Develop the skills in demand and have the flexibility to tailor your degree to meet your career needs.
You can choose units to develop skills in security, LAN and wireless network design, global network design or network management. This specialisation will also prepare you to sit one or more industry certification exams. These include Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
6 reasons to study a Master of Science in IT at Murdoch
- Make use of our brand new IT Innovation Hub, a cutting-edge learning teaching and research facility, fitted out with the latest mixed and augmented reality equipment, operational data centre and high performance computing capabilities.
- Study at the only university in WA ranked as world standard by the ERA in the field of Networking and Mobile Technologies.
Source: ERA 2018
- Specialise your degree depending on your career goals.
- This course has been designed in collaboration with industry partners with an emphasis on effective communication and the development of solutions to complex real-world IT problems.
- Learn from our teaching and research staff who are forward thinking IT professionals who are highly active in generating policy and change within industry.
- Gain industry certification while you study.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet you career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- wireless data
- business analysis and system development
- information technology
- advanced data analysis
- artificial intelligence.
As a graduate of the Graduate Diploma in Master of Science IT, you’ll be able to choose from a variety of roles concerned with network performance and security. You could work in a range of public and private organisations such as network service providers, banking and finance organisations or the Government and military. Careers could include:
- Independent Network and Security Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Telecommunications Manager
- Systems Analyst.
This degree can prepare you for industry certification exams. These include Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.