Are you an international student wanting to study accounting in Australia? This is the course for you.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time (over 4 semesters) or part-time equivalent
From mining to music, accounting is vital to every organisation in every industry. It’s an essential part of an organisation’s decision-making, planning, and even performance evaluation.
In this two-year advanced Master program, you’ll learn about accounting processes and business finance. You’ll work on project teams with your peers to put accounting theory into practice with our industry partners, gaining real-world experience.
6 reasons to study a Master of Professional Accounting at Murdoch
- Get practical experience through projects where you’ll work with our academics, other students and industry partners. Our industry partners include government agencies, mining companies, accounting firms, IT service firms and real estate companies.
- Select electives in wider business units such as leadership, strategic management and applied business research to further enhance your employability.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our business and management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Get involved in workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Our teaching staff have won teaching excellence awards, secured grant funding from CPA Australia, published journal articles and are actively involved in the industry.
- Follow in the footsteps of other Murdoch free thinkers and become a part of a global community of leaders. Our alumni now include the CEO of an international airline, the CEO of a major Asian bank, the Managing Director of an advertising agency in Australia and more.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- accounting for managers
- business finance
- accounting processes
- corporate accounting
- taxation principles.
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role, or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities.
Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, your career could include roles such as:
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Management or Cost Accountant
- Taxation Accountant, Agent or Consultant
Good financial management is needed across all industries. You could find yourself working in government, media, advertising, finance, and other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
If you want to work in professional accounting you could apply for membership of the professional Australian accounting bodies, including membership of CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
This course is accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
Note: We offer this Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced) for international students. We also offer a Master of Professional Accounting for domestic students looking for a career change to accounting and all it has to offer.
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.