Are you looking to further your career in information technology? This degree will allow you to gain professional qualification in information technology to provide appropriate practical understanding, skills and knowledge for managing IT use, change and development.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
This course is designed to significantly extend your existing qualification and experience in the field of information technology.
This masters degree may be completed in one of two ways, by coursework, where you complete 48 credit points or by coursework and dissertation where you complete 36 credit points in coursework and a 12-credit point dissertation.
You’ll be able to tailor your degree to meet your career goals by choosing specialisations in IT Management, Data Science or Internetworking and Security.
You’ll also have the flexibility to complete qualifications as you go, allowing you to complete the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology after one semester, or the Graduate Diploma after one year, in either Information Technology Management, Internetworking and Security or Data Science, depending on which units you select.
6 reasons to study a Master of Information Technology at Murdoch
- Make use of our brand new IT Innovation Hub, a cutting-edge learning teaching and research facility, fitted out with the latest mixed and augmented reality equipment, operational data centre and high performance computing capabilities.
- Specialise your degree depending on your career goals.
- This course has been designed in collaboration with industry partners with an emphasis on effective communication and the development of solutions to complex real world IT problems.
- Learn from our teaching and research staff who are forward thinking IT professionals who are highly active in generating policy and change within industry.
- Study on your own terms – we offer flexible study arrangements allowing you to upskill whilst you’re still earning so you can study full-time or part-time to suit your circumstances. (If you’re an international student you’ll need to study full-time)
- Take advantage of scholarships such as the Murdoch University Academic Excellence Award.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- information security management
- project management
- network administration
- business analytics
- data science.
There is a critical need for modern IT professionals responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing information systems in a wide range of sectors including: commerce, telecommunications, health, education, architecture, mining, engineering, law and government and non- government organisations.
Careers could include:
- IT Project Manager
- Business Intelligence Officer
- Network Administrator
- Data Analyst.
Graduates of the Internetworking and Security specialisations are eligible to sit for industry certification exams, including, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Managing Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SNRS).
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.