Get the skills and expertise you need to become a leader in the ever-evolving and fast-growing health industry. Study how health policy, leadership, management, economics, law, epidemiology and analytics can bring a positive change to the health ecosystem.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
The health industry is changing rapidly. Change is driven by an ageing population, greater consumer expectations, digital and technological disruption, the burden of chronic diseases and a growing focus on data and privacy.
This is the only course of its kind in Australia, and is designed to help you become a fully informed and competent health industry leader and step up in your career.
You can take advantage of our expertise in health research and teaching, with the opportunity to be taught by leading experts while connecting with industry employers at a local, national and international level.
You can choose to specialise in the areas of health administration and leadership, evaluation and policy, or health informatics and analytics. You can also take a non-specialised approach for a broader and tailored pathway.
6 reasons to study a Master of Health Administration, Policy and Leadership at Murdoch
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program. Some of our students have interned with government agencies (e.g. WA Health), not-for-profit organisations (Red Cross and Ngala) and small to medium enterprises.
- Industry engagement is an important element, so you’ll have the opportunity learn from case studies presented by health leaders.
- Take on a case study project, research internship, supervised project or research thesis as part of your studies, to suit your career aspirations.
- Study on your own terms. Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Get involved in free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Get support from course advisors and academic staff along your postgraduate journey – and be taught by experienced academics and senior health leaders.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- health systems research, policy and governance
- health analytics and informatics
- health economics and finance
- global and public health and epidemiology
- entrepreneurship and innovation management.
Health is one of Australia’s largest industries, with more than one million people employed nationally. It is also our largest single employment sector here in WA, with an extra 798,000 healthcare jobs expected to become available by 2025.
Source: Job Outlook Professional 2018
Careers could include:
- Health Manager
- Project Evaluation/Administration or Policy Officer
- Finance Officer/Chief Finance Officer
- Health Business Analyst
- Health Information Officer.
International trends suggest an increasing demand for executives, managers, professionals, administrators and analysts working in the healthcare industry – and the specialised skills you gain in this course will help you graduate with a competitive edge in your career.
This course is accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM), and recommended as an approved course by the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrator (RACMA).
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.