Explore critical issues in educational practice, policy and research through completion of coursework.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent
This three-semester coursework degree will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to be a successful leader in the education sector, capable of addressing critical issues in educational practice, policy and research.
This course is designed for teachers, educational leaders, administrators, and other education professionals seeking to extend and deepen their expertise, professionals with education roles seeking professional development and renewal, and those planning to proceed to the Doctor of Education.
This course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to enhance your teaching, leadership and/or administration roles within the education field. You will be capable of planning and implementing educational projects, and leading complex educational initiatives.
7 reasons to study the Master of Education by Coursework at Murdoch
- Be mentored by our experienced teaching professionals who are here to support you in becoming a confident, creative and flexible educator.
- Specialise your degree depending on your area of focus and interest.
- Undertake a research-based project in an area of interest.
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Most of our classes take place after work hours during the week, starting after 4.30pm or intensive classes in school holidays.
- Get involved in free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and data analysis, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics who have worked in industry.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- theories and concepts and their relevance to professional practice
- educational research principles and methods
- plan and research an area of interest or profession focus.
As a Murdoch education masters graduate, you’ll join an established group of educators who are resilient, confident and making a real difference every day, both locally and around the world.
This course does not constitute a teaching qualification and is not accredited by the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA).
Teachers may use completion of units as evidence of professional learning for registration and re-registration.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.