Learn the professional and personal skills you need to succeed in a senior management role, specialise in an area you’re passionate about, and advance your HR career.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
A growing number of companies are using new methods of organisational design and people management practices to gain a competitive edge. This combined degree is designed to meet the needs of today and tomorrow's business leaders working with changing human resource management challenges.
If you’re working in HR management and are ready to progress to more senior management positions, this program is for you.
You’ll work closely with our academic team, and choose electives from business management, economics, and health management to create a specialist qualification to suit your goals and career aspirations.
Our MBA is designed as a journey of personal and professional growth to help you realise any ambition and goals you set for yourself. You’ll gain valuable knowledge and business insights, and also develop greater self-awareness as you learn to reflect on your leader identity and leadership attributes.
8 reasons to study a combined MBA and Master of Human Resource Management at Murdoch
- This is the only combined course of its kind in Australia.
- Complete two Masters qualifications in just two years. Along the way, you’ll gain a competitive advantage in your career and the skills you need for success in a challenging environment.
- Use avatars and virtual reality (VR) to prepare you for real life HR experiences such as interviews, conflict resolution and more. We are the first university in Australia to introduce VR in this way.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our business and management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and data analysis, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Be taught by leading academics who have worked as consultants across many industries, including healthcare, IT, aged care, banking, and education. You’ll also learn through industry guest lectures and work on real projects with industry.
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- industrial relations and employment law
- talent behaviour and management
- human capital development
- people analytics and decision-making.
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) reports that postgraduates earn on average $20,000 more than those that hold only an undergraduate degree.
Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- People and Culture Manager
- HR Projects Director
- HR Executive
- Executive Director
- Chief Operating Officer (COO).
By 2022, it’s expected there will be 89,000 new management jobs in Australia.
Source: Job Outlook WA Government 2019
You could find yourself working in government, media, advertising, finance, and other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.