Whether you’re a healthcare professional looking for specialist skills in management, or you’re in a management role wanting to enter the health sector, this course will take your professional skills to the next level.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
This combined degree is the only one of its kind in WA.
Designed to meet the changing needs of healthcare professionals today and into the future, this course offers a streamlined way to build your expertise in both healthcare and business management.
Learn the advanced business skills and specialist healthcare knowledge you need to expand your career options in local, national and global healthcare sectors and communities.
You’ll gain valuable knowledge and business insights, and also develop greater self-awareness as you learn to reflect on your leader identity and leadership attributes.
8 reasons to study a combined MBA and Master of Health Care Management at Murdoch
- This is the only combined course of its kind in WA.
- Complete two Masters qualifications in just two years. Along the way, you’ll gain a competitive advantage in your career and the skills you need for success in a challenging environment.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our business and management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- This course has flexible study options and is available in blended learning mode, meaning you will have face-to-face classes and online classes to suit your busy lifestyle.
- Be taught by leading healthcare academics who are qualified health professionals with experience across Australia with research expertise in patient safety, leadership, resilience, and management.
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program. Through the MBA students have the possibility to undertake internships with leading companies and industries in WA and Australia.
- Choose to complete an applied health services project through a health industry placement or a health care management research project of your choice, where you’ll design a research project related to health care management.
- Focus on your area of speciality and interest through a choice of innovative and creative elective units.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- marketing and HR
- business finance
- health policy in Australia
- bioethics and law for health care leadership
- strategies for growth and excellence.
This qualification could help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) reports that postgraduates earn on average $20,000 more than those with an undergraduate degree.
Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- Nurse Director
- Quality and Risk Manager
- Service Director
- Health Care Clinic Manager
- Nurse Unit Manager.
International trends suggest an increasing demand for executives, managers, professionals, administrators and analysts working in the healthcare industry – and the specialised skills you gain in this course will help you graduate with a competitive edge in your career.
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.