Are you a recent graduate or international student looking to get some experience in the workplace? This course will give you the business knowledge and career management tools you need to succeed in your global business career.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Get the business administration knowledge and skills you need to change your career path or launch your business career in Australia and around the world.
You’ll focus on opportunities to get valuable industry experience through professional placements and applied research projects. You can also choose to specialise in areas such as people management, sustainability, non-profit and health management.
This MBA Global could also be a step towards doctoral studies after you complete the course.
6 reasons to study a MBA Global at Murdoch
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program. Past MBA Global students have interned with local businesses and government departments.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our business and management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and data analysis, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics with industry experience in advertising agencies, hospitals, project management and accounting firms.
- Follow in the footsteps of other Murdoch free thinkers and become a part of a global community of leaders. Our alumni now include the CEO of an international airline, the CEO of a major Asian bank, the Managing Director of an advertising agency in Australia and more.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- Core business – learn marketing, accounting and management skills which will help you to help in management decision-making.
- Strategy – explore how business interacts with the government, society and the environment and develop strategies that are ethical, legal and wise.
- Professionalism – build a portfolio with the career management tools needed to succeed as an early career professional.
- Specialist knowledge – choose to specialise in areas such as people management, sustainability, health management, international marketing, non-profit management or global electives.
A postgraduate qualification can help you pursue new opportunities as you launch your career. Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) reports that postgraduates earn on average $20,000 more than those with an undergraduate degree.
Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- Finance Officer
- Operations Coordinator
- Marketing Assistant
- Human Resource Assistant
- Health Policy or Sustainability Advisor.
Good management is needed across all industries. You could find yourself working in government, media, advertising, finance and other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
Note: We offer this Master of Business Administration Global (MBA Global) for early career achievers and international students. We also offer a Master of Business Administration (MBA) for experienced candidates.
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.