Want to build a bespoke Master program that suits your career goals and aspirations? This is the course for you.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 2 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Build and customise your own bespoke Master program by choosing what you want to specialise in to further your career goals. You’ll complete units focused on developing your leadership and business practice skills, and units in the areas you choose to specialise in. These general business skills coupled with your specialist knowledge will allow you to be a well-rounded graduate with a competitive advantage in the job market.
You can choose two graduate certificates to count towards your Master of Business to further develop your knowledge in an area or learn about a new area that will help you reach your career goals. Choose from:
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Negotiation
- Graduate Certificate in Politics, Policy and Global Business
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Graduate Certificate in Health Administration, Policy and Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Design Thinking
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Policy and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources and Safety.
Don’t see the area you want to specialise in? Talk to us to see what your options are as it may be possible to specialise in other areas not mentioned above.
You’ll be able to begin and exit your studies as you please, completing your Master in modules as it suits you. By the end of this course you will graduate with a Master of Business and two named Graduate Certificates in the areas of your choice.
9 reasons to study a Master of Business
- Customise your own Master with the ability to choose two areas of specialisation that suit your career goals and aspirations.
- Learn general business and specialist skills to make you a well-rounded graduate in the job market, plus learn the leadership skills you need to become a great leader.
- This course provides you with multiple entry and exit points and gives you the flexibility to enter, exit and re-start your studies when it suits you and your busy lifestyle.
- To put your theory learnt into practice you will complete an applied project for a real client during your course and work on real life case studies and scenarios.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our Business and Management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Most of our classes take place after work hours during the week, starting after 4.30pm, or on weekends.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Follow in the footsteps of other Murdoch free thinkers and become a part of a global community of leaders. Our alumni now include the CEO of an international airline, the CEO of a major Asian bank, the Managing Director of an advertising agency in Australia and more.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- business finance
- organisational behaviour and management
- strategic marketing
- leadership and managing teams.
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Depending on your chosen specialisations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- Business Development Manager or Advisor
- Business Operations Manager
- Management Consultant
- Project Leader
- Department Manager.
Good management is needed across all industries. You could find yourself working in government, media, advertising, finance, and other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
Depending on the specialisation you choose, part of your degree may be accredited. Please refer to the Graduate Certificate course pages above for further information.
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.