The fast-paced world of marketing is always changing. Learn how to tell stories to attract customers through digital marketing, social media and traditional marketing techniques.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Have you ever been scrolling your Facebook or Instagram feed, only to see a bunch of ads pop up for something you were looking at that morning? Or perhaps you’ve noticed your recommended songs on Spotify are very similar to the songs you listen to regularly? Marketing teams across the world are using data and new digital marketing strategies to give us just what we’re looking for, often before we even know we’re looking for it.
In this course, you’ll learn about the many different kinds of marketing including: social media, content, digital, influencer, traditional and more. See marketing theory brought to life through case studies, industry placements and through your work with real clients to develop real marketing plans. You’ll graduate with a solid portfolio of work, with access to future employers and the kind of experience you need to launch an exciting career.
7 reasons to study Marketing at Murdoch
- Learn how to use Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Google and more in a business setting, as an entrepreneur and to influence people.
- Complete Google and Facebook certifications during your course.
- Get real world experience through our work integrated learning program. Some of our students interned at RAC Arena and were part of the behind-the-scenes team who launched the Arena’s Snapchat channel at the Harry Style’s 2018 concert.
- Learn from experts who have worked with companies such as MTV, Pepsi, Nike and other multi-national corporations.
- Explore careers anywhere in the world, as a Bachelor of Business in Marketing is a globally-recognised degree that gives you skills to work across many industries.
- Murdoch is rated five stars for learner engagement and student support for Business and Management courses* so you know you'll be supported through your studies.
*Source: The Good Universities Guide 2020
- Study two majors in three years and graduate with two specialisations, further enhancing your career prospects.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- international marketing
- strategic marketing
- consumer behaviour
- digital and social media marketing
- services marketing
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
Careers could include:
- Marketing Account Manager or Marketing Consultant
- Product or Brand Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Content Marketer
- Digital Marketer.
By 2023, it's expected that there will be 53,000 new jobs in marketing*. You could build your career in any industry, working on product and brand management, market research and analysis, advertising and promotion, online communications, consulting and business administration.
*Source: Australian Government Job Outlook 2020
This course is recognised by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI).
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.