Get ready for an exciting future! A degree in management could launch your career in any industry, from global corporations to not-for-profit organisations.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Management used to be about organising, directing and controlling – but the world has changed. Today’s managers are facing new challenges, often with teams working across a range of locations and a constantly changing set of challenges to handle.
You’ll learn how to identify opportunities, assess challenges and find the best solutions to real-world management issues. You’ll work with real organisations on real projects to develop the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful manager.
Five out of the top 10 highest paying jobs in WA are in management roles*. But if money is not your main motivation, you can use your management degree to follow an exciting career path and make a real difference to not for profit and charity organisations across the world.
*Source: 2018 SEEK Salary Report
6 reasons to study Management
- Work with real organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work integrated learning program. Some of our students have interned with local governments, Myer and RAC Arena.
- Gain the kind of management, negotiation and problem-solving skills that will help you in any career path you choose, in a rapidly-changing world.
- Future job growth for management and business, HR and marketing professionals high. By 2022 there will be 147,000 new jobs*.
*Source: Dept of Small Business and Jobs Employment Projections Report 2018
- Explore careers anywhere in the world, as Bachelor of Business is a globally-recognised degree.
- Murdoch’s rated 5 stars for learner engagement and student support for Business and Management courses* so you know you’ll be supported through your studies.
*Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Study two majors in three years and graduate with two specialisations, further enhancing your career prospects.
Some of the things you’ll learn
- strategic management
- organisational development and change
- business analytics and decision making
- knowledge management
- workplace law.
Your future career
There’s a growing demand for management across practically every industry – so when you graduate, your skills will be in high demand.
Careers could include:
- Team Leader or Office Supervisor
- Management Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Business Executive or Owner
You could work in a range of roles around the world, including as a banker, marketing specialist, teacher or business analyst. You could launch your own business or work in global corporations, not-for-profit sectors, the arts, academia or government agencies.
Recommended double majors
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.