Get an insight into the global business world so you can make better-informed decisions as a legal practitioner, working across international borders.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 5 years full-time or part-time equivalent
In Australia and across the world, organisations are looking for ways to expand and operate across international borders. Law works across all industries and businesses. Our Bachelor of Laws (LLB) allows you to study overseas, meaning you can get invaluable experience on both sides of international business and law when you combine these degrees.
As you develop your strategic decision-making abilities and put your cross-cultural skills into practice, you’ll build a skill set that will be essential to practically any business operation. Plus our law degree is also accredited in Singapore, Malaysia and India opening more doors for a global career.
7 reasons to study a combined degree in Law and International Business at Murdoch
- This is the only combined international business and law degree in WA.
- Complete a semester or more at our Singapore or Dubai campus, or at one of our other partner universities giving yourself international experience.
- Travel and earn credit while you study in Italy, Switzerland, Germany or India as part of your Bachelor of Laws.
- Work with businesses and organisations on real projects as part of our work integrated learning program, both locally and internationally. Some of our students have interned at Volkswagen and Airbus.
- Build your network of contacts by becoming a member of professional bodies and associations through our industry connections.
- We consulted with our academics, industry contacts and students in designing these courses – so your skills and knowledge will be relevant when you step into the working world to begin your career.
- Graduate with two qualifications, giving you a unique skillset and even more career opportunities.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- trial advocacy
- legal protection of international human rights
- business in society
- international logistics
- international business management.
Your future career
With a combined degree in Law and International Business, you could work in practically any industry or sector.
Careers could include:
- Legal advisor in the corporate sector
- Legal Practitioner
- Commercial Lawyer
You could work in a range of industries including business or other roles in local, state and federal government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or other areas as in house counsel.
Our Murdoch Law degree is accredited by the Ministry of Law in Singapore, the Malaysian Bar Council, and the Indian Bar Council.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Students enrolled in Law and Business (LLB/BIB) (course code B1372) will be exempt from completing BSL165/BUS165 Foundations of Business Law.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.