Want to turn your love of travel and working with people into the kind of career where every day is different? This course will give you the skills, knowledge and experience you need.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
If you love the idea of working overseas or helping people experience what Australia has to offer, a degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management can help you turn your passion for travel into a career almost anywhere in the world.
Learn about hospitality and tourism management, and how the industry is always changing. Explore sustainable tourism and discover how you can use data to help predict trends for a particular place or region.
At Murdoch, we help you learn by doing, so your assessments will be based on real life, rather than theory. You’ll learn business management principles, and be mentored through a range of projects as you learn to use research to make business decisions.
6 reasons to study Hospitality and Tourism Management at Murdoch
- Work with organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work integrated learning program. Some of our students have interned with the Tourism Council of Western Australia, Rottnest Island Authority, travel agencies and more.
- Develop the kind of management, negotiation and problem-solving skills that will help you in any career path you choose, in a rapidly-changing world.
- Learn from some of WA’s top tourism experts who have worked in the industry and are actively involved in tourism research.
- Explore careers anywhere in the world with a Bachelor of Business that is globally-recognised.
- Study two majors in three years and graduate with two specialisations, further enhancing your career prospects.
- Murdoch is rated 5 stars for learner engagement and student support for Business and Management courses so you know you’ll be supported through your studies.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
Some of the things you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- destination management
- hospitality and tourism
- sustainable tourism
- tourism and hospitality law
- strategic management.
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
You could work in a wide range of roles in travel and tourism, hospitality or retail industries.
Careers could include:
- Hospitality Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Hotel Sales, Marketing and Public Relations Director
- Tour Operator
- Travel Retailer or Guide.
You could also work for government agencies, non-government organisations (NGOs) or even start your own business.
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth Campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.