Interested in advancing your digital communication skills? Gain specialised knowledge in social media strategy, search engine optimisation, digital content strategy and web analytics.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
Learn the essential practical, theoretical and technical skills necessary for digital communication. You’ll learn the core communication areas of social media strategy, search engine optimisation, digital content strategy and web analytics.
Throughout this project-based course you'll cover all aspects of a web communication campaign, from developing digital personae to pitching ideas to a client. You’ll learn how web communication works in business, society and in the political realm, while learning how to plan social media and digital communication campaigns for different target audiences.
Develop your knowledge in web communication strategy, digital platforms (such as websites and social media) and data analysis so that you can maximise your opportunities and reach in this continually changing professional landscape. This course has a very practical focus and you will learn through doing.
8 reasons to study a Graduate Diploma in Web Communication at Murdoch
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program where you could have the opportunity to take on real projects with real clients through our on campus consultancy, MESH.
- As part of your studies you’ll take on an advanced web communication project either as an industry internship or self-directed project.
- This course is projects-based, meaning you will have a hands-on learning experience and learn through doing. You’ll work with real life clients and be supervised by industry professionals.
- Be taught by leading academics and tutors with local, national and international industry experience.
- Looking to continue on and complete a Master? You could use the units completed in this course as credits towards the Master of Communication.
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Most of our classes take place after work hours during the week, starting after 4.30pm, or on weekends.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and data analysis, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- issues management – critical and ethical issues in communication
- web strategy
- strategic communication
- web research and planning
- social media analysis.
This course will prepare you to work across just about any industry or business engaging with the web and social media.
Careers could include:
- Digital Communication Officer
- SEO Strategist
- Digital and Content Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Web Data Analyst.
Communication stretches across all business and industry so you could find yourself working in government, private enterprise or for a NGO.
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.