Are you looking to further your career in information technology? This course will allow you to develop as an IT professional expanding your qualification and knowledge within the field.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
This course is designed for graduates from an IT-related discipline. You’ll learn new applied skills in the areas of knowledge management, data communications and business analysis. You’ll increase your knowledge of IT and benefit from an emphasis on professional practice, effective communication and project management using technical and non-technical means.
You’ll also have the flexibility to specialise your degree, with a choice of electives such as Information Security Management, Data Resources Management, Information Technology Strategy and Business Analytics. You’ll complete an individual study project in an area of interest for you to further your research and applied knowledge skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be eligible to apply for the Master of Information Technology.
5 reasons to study a Graduate Diploma in Information Technology at Murdoch
- Make use of our brand new IT Innovation Hub, a cutting-edge learning teaching and research facility, fitted out with the latest mixed and augmented reality equipment, operational data centre and high performance computing capabilities.
- This course has been designed in collaboration with industry partners with an emphasis on effective communication and the development of solutions to complex real world IT problems.
- Learn from our teaching and research staff who are forward thinking IT professionals who are highly active in generating policy and change within industry.
- Study on your own terms – we offer flexible study arrangements allowing you to upskill whilst you’re still earning so you can study full-time or part-time to suit your circumstances. (If you’re an international student you’ll have to study full-time)
- Take advantage of our scholarships such as the Murdoch University Academic Excellence Award.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- project management
- business analytics
- information technology strategy
- data resources management
- information systems.
After completing the Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management you’ll be able to pursue a variety of IT related careers, either as an IT practitioner or in supervisory and advisory roles within a range of public and private organisations. Examples of the types of businesses or organisations you could pursue a career in are network service providers, banking, finance, government and the military.
Careers could include:
- Information Technology Manager
- Technology Strategist
- Information Systems Manager
- Business Analyst.
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
The course is available by on-campus attendance only.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Sorry, this course does not accept admissions for commencement in Semester 2. Please consider starting your studies in Semester 1 of the following year.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.