Have an impact on Australia’s future energy use and climate change management. Understand the policy context and environmental impacts of energy systems and their assessment and subsequent monitoring.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
Recent significant changes to global climate change policy has meant a shift to a broader range of adaption and mitigation practices to counter climate change. This is driving a demand for professionals with climate change skills across the Asia Pacific region and in Australia.
Choose to specialise in Climate Change Management or Energy, Emissions and Environment as part of your course. The Climate Change Management specialisation will give you advanced training in climate change adaption and strategy, carbon policy, accounting and management as well as sustainability. The Energy, Emissions and Environment specialisation is specifically targeted at addressing ongoing demand for sustainable energy and the need for environmental management of energy projects.
You can complete the course with a focus on policy and/or the scientific aspects of environmental management in the energy industry.
7 reasons to study a Graduate Diploma in Energy and the Environment at Murdoch
- Murdoch University has been at the forefront of energy teaching and research since 1975 and offers the most comprehensive suite of postgraduate course on energy and carbon studies within Australia.
- There is a growing demand for graduates that have a broad range of skills across environmental, energy and climate change impact assessment and management.
- If you’re an environmental scientist looking to broaden your skill set and become a sustainability or climate change officer, this course combines energy and carbon studies with environmental science.
- Study on your terms with flexible full or part-time study arrangements. All units are offered completely online, allowing you to upskill while you are working.
- Learn from industry experts who have research expertise in the transition to a low carbon economy, energy efficiency in buildings and transport, renewable energy systems, and climate change resilience.
- Specialise your degree depending on your area of specialisation and career goals in either Climate Change Management or Energy, Emissions and Environment.
- Our graduates are held in high esteem by government agencies and organisations all over the world. They have secured jobs with the United Nations, the Red Cross, Mercy Corps, GHD, AECOM, Rio Tinto, GE, and Honeywell among others.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- undertaking climate change impact and risk assessment
- developing climate change adaptation and resilience strategies
- analysing climate change policy for corporate or government entities
- calculating a greenhouse gas inventory and reporting emissions.
This course is designed to provide graduate training for Australian and international professionals working, or wishing to work, in the areas of climate change management or sustainable energy and environmental management.
You could expect to gain employment in the following industries and organisations:
- power generation
- renewable energy manufacturing and installation
- government departments
- international aid
- economic regulatory authorities
- energy efficiency and environmental consultancies
- carbon accounting
- energy and environmental consultancies
- university and private industry research organisations
- local councils.
Successful completion of the unit PEN590 Energy Systems gives you provisional accreditation by the Clean Energy Council for design of stand-alone photovoltaic systems.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
This course is available to external students anywhere in the world who wish to study off campus by using on-line facilities. Assistance is provided by tutors, using telephone, email, or the Internet.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.