This course will give you the skills and ability to help people live more active lives and gain the qualification to become an accredited Exercise Physiologist.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 trimesters full-time or part-time equivalent
If you’re passionate about a profession that focuses on keeping people moving and helping to improve quality of life, this postgraduate course will give you the qualification you need to register as an accredited Exercise Physiologist.
Develop, implement and manage physical activity and behavioural programs for healthy clients and clients living with a range of chronic conditions, as you explore how exercise can improve health and wellbeing.
Learn about the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs to help prevent and manage chronic diseases and injury, and have a unique opportunity to fill the void between acute care and long-term management of people living with health conditions.
This course will extend your knowledge of the structure and function of the human body, following on from completion of a relevant Bachelor’s degree. You’ll be able to apply this knowledge to a range of clinical populations.
Note – this course is not accepting applications for the following study periods in 2019: Trimester 2, Semester 2 and Trimester 3. Apply now to study Clinical Exercise Physiology in Trimester 1, starting 13 January 2020.
5 reasons to study a Graduate Diploma in Clinical Exercise Physiology at Murdoch
- The discipline of exercise science at Murdoch University is ranked in the top 100 in the Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments (2017-2018).
- Build your skills in a supportive learning environment. This is a capped course, with selective intake and smaller class sizes that will allow you to work closely with lecturers and benefit from their skills and experience.
- Gain practical experience working within public and private health care settings.
- Learn in purpose-built, state-of-the-art facilities that include a dedicated exercise physiology laboratory, a rehabilitation and strength and conditioning laboratory, and a performance laboratory complete with a 3D motion capture system and a 50-metre running track.
- Develop hands-on experience working alongside health professionals and accredited Exercise Physiologists with a year-long industry placement.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- neuromuscular rehabilitation assessment and techniques
- metabolic condition diagnosis, prevention and rehabilitation
- cardiopulmonary assessment and rehabilitation
- the role of exercise in various clinical populations
- research skills in clinical exercise physiology.
Pursue a variety of roles in both public and private health care environments, sports academies, institutes of sports, sports science labs and professional and amateur sporting clubs. When combined with your undergraduate Exercise Science degree, careers could include:
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Accredited Sports and Exercise Scientist
- Sports Development Officer
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Sport and Recreation Officer.
You could work in a range of industries including the private sector, universities, and government institutions.
Upon successful completion of the course, you are eligible to apply to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. A benefit of this accreditation is you are eligible for both Medicare and Private Health Rebates.
- Perth Campus
- Not available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.