Boost your skills and knowledge in public policy, management and administration to pursue a career where you can make a difference in the world. This is the only course of its kind in Western Australia.
- 1 year part-time
Fascinated by how the world works? In this course, you’ll analyse the role and structure of governments throughout the world.
You’ll also explore the latest trends and developments in public administration, public sector management, policy research and evaluation, financial budgeting and management in both developed and developing countries.
You’ll develop a deeper understanding of public sector administration and public policy, so you can explain and analyse the unique set of challenges that governments face with public policy, public sector administration and management.
6 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration at Murdoch
- This course is unique to Murdoch and not offered anywhere else in WA.
- This course has been developed in consultation through our partnerships with local, state and federal government agencies, including the Public Sector Commission and the Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA).
- Study on your own terms. Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life.
- Our classes can be taken intensively so you can complete your studies faster.
- Get involved in free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics who have worked in government, the public sector and the not for profit sector.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- comparative governance and public administration
- public sector management
- policy research and evaluation
- financial administration and budgeting.
Whether you are pursuing a new career in the government or public sector, or are currently working within it, this course will give you additional knowledge and skills in public administration and evaluation to take your career to the next level. This course could also be a pathway to study at a Master level.
You could find work in the government and public sector, the not-for-profit sector and in business.
Careers could include:
- Policy Officer
- Policy Evaluation Officer
- Strategic and Implementation Officer
- Public Sector Manager
- Public Sector Liaison Manager.
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.