Understanding the complex challenges of a globalised economy is imperative for future leaders. This course provides decision-makers with a comprehensive understanding of the links between politics, policy and international business in a globalised economy.
- 1 semester full-time
Living in a globalised economy brings many complex challenges to the leaders of the future. To work in the future world you’ll need the skills and knowledge to combat these challenges. Learn how to respond to global challenges, such as building sustainable business practices to enhance the well-being of marginalised people; work at the cutting edge of policy and business to alleviate poverty; and improve the organisational structures that underpin the relationship between business, society and government.
Learn about the broader political environment, the application of public policy and the intersection with business activity at a national and global level. You’ll develop the knowledge and skills you need to deal with issues in a diverse and interconnected world.
You will gain high level analytical skills and knowledge to advance your career in business and policy.
7 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Politics, Policy and Global Business at Murdoch
- Explore a unique combination of policy and business units to build knowledge and skills in both areas, which are in high demand and sought after by employers.
- Murdoch is ranked in the top 10 universities in Australia for Politics and International Studies.
Source: THE Rankings by subject 2019
- Benefit from our strong links with the Asian region through our Asia Research Centre – an international leader in the study of East and South East Asia.
- Learn from experts in their field who are often in the media to comment on current events.
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Units completed in this course count as course credit for our Master of Business or Master of Public Policy and Management.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- global business in an Asian context
- public policy perspectives.
You may currently have experience and knowledge in business or in policy and politics. This course will help you to be well-rounded and advance your skills in both areas. Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- Policy Design Consultant
- Business or Policy Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Business Commentator.
You could find yourself working in government, finance, and other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Sorry, this course does not accept admissions for commencement in Semester 1. Please consider starting your studies in Semester 2.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.