Shape the minds of students all over the world and explore different teaching methods by internationalising your curriculum.
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- 2 to 3 semesters part-time
If you’ve always dreamt of teaching in international settings, this course could be the launching pad you need. You’ll explore the historical background and contemporary world of international education, schools, curriculum, programs, ideas and students.
This course, designed for teaching professionals, explores the concept of internationalisation with a specific focus on the International Baccalaureate (IB) suite of programs, including Primary Years Program, Middle Years Program and Diploma Program.
This is a stand-alone course that examines and critiques a range of international curriculums and provides connections to the organisations driving these programs. You will also gain the professional development requirements associated with the International Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching and Learning.
Interested in further study in the field of international education? This course also provides a pathway with advanced standing into our Masters by Coursework degree.
5 reasons to study International Education at Murdoch
- Study at the first university in Australia, and among only a few in the world, to offer the Tribes TLCTM Basic Course Certification as an accredited postgraduate unit.
- Observe and connect with school teachers and leaders in the field of International Education and be mentored by our teaching professionals who are here to support you throughout your course.
- Our part-time, on-campus or online options help you fit study into your working life.
- Develop an online teaching portfolio as you progress throughout the course to demonstrate your experience to future employers.
- Get involved in free workshops and seminars to further develop your skills in writing, statistics and data analysis, and delivering presentations as a postgraduate student.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- international education: issues and practices
- teaching, learning and working in culturally diverse environments
- learning and teaching in educational communities (IB and international schools).
Graduates will be qualified to work in international schools throughout the world including International Baccalaureate schools and those schools internationalising the curriculum.
This course has been authorised by the International Baccalaureate (IB). On completion, students will be eligible to receive a Teaching and Learning Certificate from the International Baccalaureate.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Not available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
This course requires field experience in IB schools, meetings with IB teachers and research into IB (for non-IB experienced teachers). The field experience will occur throughout the three units that comprise the certificate. Prior to placement in any school for Professional Experience, it is mandatory that pre-service teachers complete or obtain mandatory requirements accessed via the Professional Experience website: http://www.murdoch.edu.au/School-of-Education/Professional-Experience If field experience is undertaken out of Western Australia, the equivalent criminal record checks and registrations must be obtained.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.