Get the basic business and management skills you need to succeed in a senior management role, expand your career prospects or take your career in a new direction.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 semester full-time or part-time equivalent
This course is a good choice if you are looking to trial part of an MBA and boost your knowledge in business management. This course is also a good choice if you aren’t from a business background and would like to gain business management skills to further your career.
You’ll study core units in accounting and finance, plus choose specialist units to create a personalised qualification that suits your goals and career aspirations.
You can choose to specialise in two of the following areas:
- organisational behaviour and management
- strategic research in international markets
- strategic marketing management
- health policy and governance
- strategic risks and projects
- entrepreneurship and innovation
- global business and Asia
- not-for-profit organisations
- business, society and the environment
- leading enterprises
- growth strategies.
7 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at Murdoch
- Customise your course with the ability to choose from different areas to create your own unique specialisation based on your career goals and aspirations.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our Business and Management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- There are many study options and modes available to help you fit your studies into your busy working life. You can choose full-time, part-time or online.
- Study four core units towards our Master of Business Administration (MBA) and exit with a graduate qualification, giving you a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- If you’re looking to continue on and complete an MBA you can complete it in as little as 18 months, using the four core units completed in this course.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics who have worked across many different industries.
- Benefit from our links with the Asia Research Centre and Centre for Responsible Citizenship and Sustainability as you learn the business skills and social skills to lead global enterprises.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- accounting for managers
- business finance
- a specialist area of your choice.
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- Operations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Strategy Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- Finance Manager.
Good management is needed across all industries. You could find yourself working in government, media, advertising, finance and other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Not available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.