Interested in how global issues and international politics influence the business and policy decisions which impact our world? This is the course for you.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Cyber-attacks, data fraud, food shortages – these just some of the concerns that can have an impact on global business and policy. With a degree in Global Business and Politics, you’ll have the skills to navigate an increasingly political, global landscape.
You’ll learn how to make crucial business decisions, create strategies to manage complex challenges and learn how to become a future business leader.
You’ll explore how global and domestic politics and public policy shape the decisions and strategies of business and non-profit sectors in society, and how business is conducted within Australia, across borders and around the world.
As you work on real-world case studies, you’ll solve practical problems in business and develop the ways of thinking and negotiation skills you need to forge a career in global business.
7 reasons to study Global Business and Politics at Murdoch
- This is the only business course in Australia which combines business, politics and public policy.
- Work with real organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work integrated learning program.
- Gain the kind of management, negotiation and problem-solving skills that will help you in any career.
- Expand your expertise even further by combining this course with another degree such as International Business or Entrepreneurship and Innovation. You could also study a double major.
- Learn from academics who are experts in the global business and politics in the Indo-Pacific region, which includes Australia.
- We consulted with our academics, industry contacts and students in designing this course – so your skills and knowledge will be relevant when you step into the working world to begin your career.
- Travel to Indonesia for a semester as part of our Study Indonesia Australian Consortium for 'In-Country' Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) program, and put your learning into practice.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- business in society
- managing in a global environment
- global marketing
- international political economies
- public policy analysis.
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
Graduating with a major in Global Business and Politics will give you an edge in your career when you graduate ready to work across both business and politics.
Careers could include:
- Policy Analyst (trade, investment, operations, finance)
- Business and government relationship analyst (private sector)
- Ministerial Officer
- Policy Advisor (non-profit sector, local/state government)
- Business Analyst (marketing, operations, finance)
- Corporate Communications.
You could work in a range of industries including business, politics or other roles in local, state and federal government, media, communications, non-governmental organisations (known as NGOs) or other areas.
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.
- Completed official Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion
- ATAR results
- STAT Test results