Take your love of numbers to the next level as you dive into corporate finance, treasury management, investment analysis and international finance.
- Full-time or part-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Full-time or part-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
This degree could lead you to a big role with a big salary package – but that’s not your only option. Depending on your life goals, you could find your rewards in not-for-profit organisations, government agencies or start-ups.
You’ll learn to explore business opportunities, analyse problems and find solutions. Learn how to make informed decisions and shape business interactions in a creative, confident and ethical way.
You’ll learn to understand capital investment, cost of capital, sources of funds, dividend policy, working capital management, efficient capital markets, portfolio management, the use of options, futures, forward exchange contracts and more.
7 reasons to study Finance at Murdoch
- Work with real international organisations on real projects as part of our work integrated learning program.
- Join a growing industry. Very strong future growth is expected for financial brokers*.
*Source: Australian Government Job Outlook 2020
- Build your network of contacts by becoming a member of professional bodies and associations through our industry connections.
- Learn from experts in finance as they share their experience and insights from a range of perspectives.
- Combine your degree or take on a double major in another area to expand your career prospects even further. You could choose to double major in with Global Business and Politics to get insights into both the business and political world. This option is only available in a Bachelor of Commerce – and only at Murdoch.
- Learn how to identify business opportunities, analyse problems and make vital business decisions.
- You might be eligible for our MasterClass program, where you could complete a postgraduate qualification while studying your undergraduate degree. We are the only Australian university to offer this opportunity.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- investment analysis
- international finance
- corporate finance
- finance law
- treasury management.
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
With this qualification, you can pursue career opportunities across the world in stockbroking, insurance and banking, and in public, private or not-for profit organisations.
Careers could include:
- Credit Manager
- Financial Analyst or Manager
- Investment Strategist
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Finance Broker.
You could work for consultancy or professional services firms, universities or institutions, government agencies, banks, brokerage firms and more.
When you graduate, you could be eligible for associate membership of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth campus and external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.
- Completed official Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion
- ATAR results
- STAT Test results