Do you love bringing complicated ideas to life, exploring how things work, improving processes or simply imagining what's possible? In this degree, you’ll learn how to use and adapt equipment and processes to optimise the use of resources.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Gain practical engineering experience, engage with industry and learn from experts to build a deep understanding of engineering technology. Understanding engineering principles will give you the ability to design, manufacture, install, commission, operate and maintain plants and equipment.
This degree gives you the flexibility to specialise in a range of engineering study areas, including industrial computer systems, instrumentation and control, electrical power or renewable energy, depending on your interests and career goals.
After completing the first year of your Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology, you could apply to transfer to a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree. You would still be able to complete your degree within four years of full-time study.
You can even take on another major from a different study area to broaden your understanding of how science applies in social, business, health and policy environments.
7 reasons to study Engineering Technology
- Murdoch is ranked number 1 in Western Australia for graduate salary, learning resources, student support and full-time employment for engineering*.
- Murdoch is ranked number 1 in Australia for Teaching Quality in Engineering*.
- Murdoch is ranked number 1 in Australia for Overall Experience in Engineering*.
- Make use of our $10.1 million Bayer Pilot Plant – a real world engineering plant with a dedicated control room, the only one of its kind in WA.
- Gain 480 hours of real work experience as part of your degree.
- Travel overseas to create positive change through our Engineers Without Borders Program.
- Access great scholarships like the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship Program.
* The Good Universities Guide, 2019
Some of the things you’ll learn
- electrical and electronic circuits
- energy, mass and flow
- control systems and process dynamics
- instrument and communication systems
- wind and hydro power systems.
Your future career
Graduating with a major in Engineering Technology will open up many opportunities in a wide range of engineering and applied science careers around the world. You can also pursue careers in industries associated with electrical power and energy systems, computing and information technology, and instrumentation and control.
Careers could include:
- Customer Support Engineer
- Instrumentation Technician
- Systems Integration Engineer
- Asset Maintenance Engineer
- Design Engineer.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.