Are you passionate about transforming adversity into an opportunity or enjoy developing new solutions? Do you have the drive to run your own business or transform an existing company? If so, this course is for you.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 5 years full-time or part-time equivalent
In this course, you will develop a fundamental understanding of engineering practices and an ability to refine that knowledge to apply it in an entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial project. You will learn to use tools to foster creativity and innovation, be it for improvement within an existing organisation, such as in an intrapreneurial capacity, or to create your own start-up. This includes applying scientific and mathematical principles to design and create processes or systems to deliver innovative solutions.
In your final year, you will have the opportunity to develop a business model and pitch it to a group of potential stakeholders. You could also choose to further specialise with a double major in the field of engineering including Environmental, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial Computer Systems, Renewable Energy, and Instrumentation and Control.
7 reasons to study a combined degree in Engineering and Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Murdoch
- An innovative combined degree that is a unique offering in WA.
- Work with organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work integrated learning program.
- Take advantage of Launchpad, where you can connect, collaborate and develop ideas and solutions with local businesses and industry.
- Make use of our $10.1 million Bayer Pilot Plant – a real-world engineering plant with a dedicated control room, the only one of its kind in WA.
- Access scholarship opportunities including the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship Program and Murdoch First Scholarship.
- Travel overseas to create positive change through our Engineers Without Borders Program.
- Five-star rating for overall experience, student support, teaching quality and median graduate starting salary for Engineering and Technology.*
*Source: Good Universities Guide 2020.
What you’ll learn
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- design concepts
- principles of process engineering
- control systems and process dynamics
- cultures of innovation
- entrepreneurial strategy.
When you graduate from this course your options include positions with engineering firms, land developers, utilities, international development and government agencies in design and manage engineered systems. Graduates will have an entrepreneurship mindset, and bring a global perspective and ethical approach to sustainable development.
Careers could include:
- Entrepreneur / Start-up founder
- Business analyst
- Consultant in engineering management
- New product development manager
- Innovation manager.
Graduates of accredited engineering courses are eligible for graduate membership of Engineers Australia. Full Chartered Professional Engineer status can then be achieved after a further three to five years of work experience in the engineering profession.
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
All students will undertake at least 450 hours of approved work experience, plus complete a report outlining the experience gained, in order to complete the requirements of the degree. This work experience must be in a suitable engineering-related area and be approved by the Engineering Academic Chair.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.