Learn the food production systems, and develop understanding of how food security, farming systems, climate change and international markets impact feeding the world’s growing population. The combined degree provides essential business and management skills for a career in the international business of agriculture.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 4 years full-time or part-time equivalent
There is increasing demand for leaders in the agriculture and food sectors with diverse skills and knowledge of both the management and technical aspects of the industry. This unique program provides an opportunity to combine management studies with agriculture. The combined degree brings together two key agriculture majors (Animal Science, and Crop & Pasture Science) with fundamental business knowledge and a choice of a business major (Management, Marketing or International Business). The broad range of skills and experiences covered, together with industry and community engagement, prepare graduates for careers in the rapidly developing world of agribusiness.
3 reasons to study Agricultural Science + Commerce at Murdoch
- Gain fundamental skills across science and business relating to the Agricultural industry, increasing your employability in the rapidly developing global industry of agribusiness.
- Studying at Australia’s only campus-based farm, you’ll gain hands-on experience in animal science and production together with crop science and pasture science. As part of your studies, you’ll have the chance to get hands-on experience during industry placements in farms and agriculture research programs across WA.
- Gain knowledge that will help you create innovative solutions for food, agriculture, communities and the environment.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- animal science and health
- crop and pasture science
- international business
- agricultural economics.
An extremely wide range of opportunities are available in the commercial, agricultural and industrial sectors covering information technology, manufacturing, food production, export industries, and biosecurity and food safety. Future career options could include:
- Agricultural Scientist
- Agricultural Economist or Analyst
- Farm Manager
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.