Gain the skills you need to teach students from Year 1 through to Year 6 and specialise in areas you’re passionate about through your choice of minors or elective units.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 4 years full-time or part-time equivalent; mid-year commencement may result in a longer duration due to unit availability
Completing a Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching at Murdoch will give you a competitive edge in your career with a variety of employers across Australia and overseas. Here’s why:
- This degree will give you the qualification you need to teach students from Year 1 through to Year 6 and specialise in areas you’re passionate about through your choice of minors or elective units.
- You can choose from a number of minors including Inclusive Education, Mathematics and Numeracy Education, English and Literacy Education, Teaching Indonesian in Primary Schools and Teaching Japanese in Primary Schools.
- You’ll study areas of the primary curriculum including English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, Health, and Physical Education and the Arts. You’ll develop a strong grounding in effective learning, teaching and assessment practices.
- As part of your studies, you’ll gain the practical experience you need to teach in a wide range of schooling environments which could include metropolitan, rural, remote, international, hard-to-staff, multicultural, hospital, private and state schools. We offer a variety of internships in Western Australia, with some placements available for 12 months.
- You’ll enjoy a range of learning experiences. We were the first in Australia to introduce mixed-reality learning, using avatars to prepare you for real life classroom experiences.
As a Murdoch student, you’ll be mentored by our staff with extensive teaching experience, giving you the support you need to become a confident, creative and flexible teacher.
You’ll graduate ready for the classroom with a personalised online portfolio to showcase your experience. Your qualification will be recognised by the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia and the state, Catholic and independent schools departments, organisations and associations.
After you complete this course, you could even pursue a Master of Education (Coursework) or Master of Education (Research) to further expand your career opportunities and build your expertise.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- School of Education
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Please note the following requirements for Teacher Registration in Australia: Students admitted to Initial Teacher Education programs on the basis of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assessment, or an equivalent English language proficiency assessment, must have attained an overall IELTS (or equivalent) score of 7.5 (with no score below 7 in any of the four skills areas, and a score of no less than 8 in speaking and listening), either on entry to or on graduation from the program.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.