Gain the skills required to teach in a primary school classroom from Years 1 to 6 or specialise in Health and Physical Education (HPE) up to Year 10.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 4 years full-time or part-time equivalent; mid-year commencement may result in a longer duration due to unit availability
Are you passionate about sports and love to keep fit and healthy? Completing a Bachelor of Education in Primary, 1-10 Health and Physical Education at Murdoch will help you turn your passion into a career and give you a competitive edge with a variety of employers across Australia and overseas. Here’s why:
- You’ll gain the qualification you need to teach in a primary school classroom from Years 1 to 6 or specialise in Health and Physical Education (HPE) up to Year 10. The extra skills and qualifications you’ll gain throughout this degree in coaching and officiating mean you could also work as a coach in the community.
- You’ll study areas of the primary curriculum including English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, Health, and Physical Education and the Arts. You’ll develop a strong grounding in effective learning, teaching and assessment practices.
- As part of your studies, you’ll gain the practical experience you need to teach in a wide range of schooling environments which could include metropolitan, rural, remote, international, hard-to-staff, multicultural, hospital, private and state schools. We offer a variety of internships in Western Australia, with some placements available for 12 months.
- You’ll enjoy a range of learning experiences. We were the first in Australia to introduce mixed-reality learning, using avatars to prepare you for real life classroom experiences.
As a Murdoch student, you’ll be mentored by our staff with extensive teaching experience, giving you the support you need to become a confident, creative and flexible teacher.
You’ll graduate ready for the classroom with a personalised online portfolio to showcase your experience. Your qualification will be recognised by the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia and the state, Catholic and independent schools departments, organisations and associations.
After you complete this course, you could even pursue a Master of Education (Coursework) or Master of Education (Research) to further expand your career opportunities and build your expertise.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth Campus (some units external)
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- School of Education
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Prior to placement in any school for Professional Experience, it is mandatory that pre-service teachers complete or obtain several forms and clearances. Information and forms regarding these mandatory requirements can be accessed via the Professional Experience website: http://www.murdoch.edu.au/School-of-Education/Professional-Experience Completion and submission of these mandatory requirements is essential before placements can be arranged. A maximum of 25% of total Professional Experience days in the course may be taken overseas. Please note the following requirements for Teacher Registration in Australia: Students admitted to Initial Teacher Education programs on the basis of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assessment, or an equivalent English language proficiency assessment, must have attained an overall IELTS (or equivalent) score of 7.5 (with no score below 7 in any of the four skills areas, and a score of no less than 8 in speaking and listening), either on entry to or on graduation from the program.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.