Get the business and management skills you need to succeed in a senior management role, expand your career prospects or take your career in a new direction.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 12 months in accelerated mode or 18 months (with study over three semesters) or part-time equivalent.
Embark on a journey of personal and professional growth where you’ll be supported to pursue your career goals. Gain valuable knowledge and business insights, and develop greater self-awareness as you learn to reflect on your leader identity and leadership attributes.
You’ll work closely with our academic team and choose electives from business management, economics and health management to create a specialist qualification to suit your career aspirations.
8 reasons to study an MBA at Murdoch
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our business and management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- This course can be completed in as little as 12 months (in accelerated mode) and your previous study and experience might mean you can gain credits for some units and graduate faster.
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program. Past MBA students have interned with local businesses and government departments.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and data analysis, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics with industry experience in consulting, banking, accounting, non-profits, health and marketing.
- Benefit from our links with the Asia Research Centre and Centre for Responsible Citizenship and Sustainability as you learn the business skills and social skills to lead global enterprises.
- Follow in the footsteps of other Murdoch free thinkers and become a part of a global community of leaders. Our alumni now include the CEO of an international airline, the CEO of a major Asian bank, the Managing Director of an advertising agency in Australia and more.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- Business context – innovatively apply theories to resolve problems in challenging international business situations.
- Business competencies – interrogate information to assist in management decision-making.
- Leadership and strategy – lead and manage the modern enterprise as it develops people and engages with society in its pursuit of organisational goals.
- Stakeholder management – develop positive relationships with stakeholders and display the capability to think inclusively across cultures and contexts.
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role, or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to. Join a rapidly growing industry with 89,000 new management jobs expected in Australia by 2022.
Source: Job Outlook WA Government 2019
Careers could include:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Marketing Director
- Strategy Director
- Business Operations Manager.
Good management is needed across all industries. You could find yourself working in government, media, advertising, finance, other areas of business or non-government organisations (NGOs).
Customise your course
Customise your course with a combined degree. A combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
- Business Administration + Information Technology
- Business Administration + Human Resources Management.
Note: We offer this Master of Business Administration (MBA) for experienced candidates. We also offer a Master of Business Administration Global (MBA Global) for early career achievers.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.