Gain insight into the corporate and business world so you can make better-informed decisions as a legal practitioner.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 5 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Law works across all industries and businesses. Adding a business degree to your law qualification will help you develop an in-depth understanding of business strategy, management, analytics and many other areas. You’ll gain a broader understanding of private and public corporations and their legal implications, giving you a competitive advantage in your career.
For example, if you combine a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and a Bachelor of Business with a major in Accounting, you could gain a qualification that allows you to be a practising lawyer or an accountant and have an in-depth understanding of both fields. You could also combine your knowledge of the two areas and become an investment lawyer.
5 reasons to study a combined degree in Law and Business at Murdoch
- Get experience in the corporate world so you can have an understanding of how the industry works, allowing you to make better-informed decisions as a legal practitioner.
- Travel and study in Italy, Switzerland, Germany or India as part of your Bachelor of Laws and understand more about the world.
- Build your network of contacts by becoming a member of professional bodies and associations through our industry connections.
- We consulted with our academics, industry contacts and students in designing these courses – so your skills and knowledge will be relevant when you step into the working world to begin your career.
- Graduate with two qualifications, giving you a unique skillset and even more career opportunities.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- trial advocacy
- legal protection of international human rights
- foundations of accounting
- business in society
- transforming business.
Your future career
With a combined degree in Law and Business, you could work in practically any industry or sector. Careers could include:
- Legal advisor in the corporate sector
- Legal Practitioner
- Commercial Lawyer
- Investment Lawyer.
You could work in a range of industries including business or other roles in local, state and federal government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or other areas as in house counsel.
The Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree meets the educational requirements of the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia for admission as a practising lawyer. If you would like to become a practising lawyer, you can complete your practical legal training (known as PLT) on campus thanks to our partnerships with Leo Cussen and College of Law.
Our Murdoch Law degree is accredited by the Ministry of Law in Singapore, the Malaysian Bar Council, and the Indian Bar Council.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Students enrolled in Law and Business (LLB/BBus) (course code B1369) will be exempt from completing BSL165/BUS165 Foundations of Business Law.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.