Do you want to learn how to build a successful business career anywhere in the world? You will have opportunities to travel while you study or take on an industry placement.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
In Australia and across the world, organisations are looking for ways to expand and operate across international borders.
This course is the only one of its kind in WA, giving you the skills and experience you need to succeed in the world of international business.
As you develop your strategic decision-making abilities, put your cross-cultural skills into practice and explore new ways of thinking, you’ll build a skillset that would be essential to practically any business operation.
You’ll explore management, marketing and finance, which will provide you with a global perspective and allow you to get results doing business across international borders.
9 reasons to study International Business at Murdoch
- Explore new ways of thinking to help you succeed in a range of careers across the world.
- Work with real international organisations on real projects as part of our work integrated learning program.
- Build your network of contacts by becoming a member of professional bodies and associations through our industry connections.
- Learn from experts in international business as they share their experience and insights from a range of perspectives.
- We consulted with our academics, industry contacts and students in designing this course – so your skills and knowledge will be relevant when you step into the working world to begin your career.
- We understand you learn by doing and that’s why our commerce assessments are based on real world learning and application rather than theory.
- Murdoch is rated five stars for learner engagement and student support for Business and Management courses* so you know you'll be supported through your studies.
*Source: The Good Universities Guide 2020
- Students studying a Bachelor of Commerce may be eligible to enrol in Murdoch University's MasterClass Program. MasterClass gives students the opportunity to complete a postgraduate qualification while still studying their undergraduate degree. We are the only Australian university to offer this opportunity.
- Future proof your career. Gain the kind of management, negotiation and problem-solving skills that will help you in any career path you choose, in a rapidly changing world.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- international marketing
- strategic international management
- business in society
- international logistics
- international business management.
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
You could work in practically any industry or sector.
Careers could include:
- Business Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- Import/Export Advisor
- International Engagement Officer
- Foreign Affairs Advisor.
You might work for state and federal government agencies, non-governmental organisations (known as NGOs), not-for-profit organisations, major international brands or in other areas.
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.
- Completed official Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion
- ATAR results
- STAT Test results