Employees and staff are the driving force behind every organisation. Develop the skills and experience you need to improve organisational culture and play a vital role in the success of organisations around the world.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years available both full-time and part-time
Technology, resources and data are important – but ultimately, it’s people who are essential to the success of any organisation.
Studying Human Resources Management or ‘HR’ as it is more commonly referred to, will help you attract and develop teams of people in any organisation in any industry.
You’ll learn recruitment techniques which will help you with interviewing – or being interviewed. You’ll examine rewards, pay, performance management, and the future direction of human resources as you explore strategic human resource management, employment policies and legal regulations.
As part of your studies, you’ll use virtual reality to practice your skills and take on real industry projects to get valuable experience.
6 reasons to study Human Resources Management
- Use avatars and virtual reality (VR) to prepare you for real life HR experiences such as interviews, conflict resolution and more. We are the first university in Australia to introduce VR in this way.
- Work with real organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work integrated learning program. Some of our students have interned with RAC Arena and a number of local governments and businesses.
- Learn by doing, with assessments based on real projects rather than theory.
- Explore careers anywhere in the world, with a Bachelor of Business that is globally-recognised.
- Murdoch’s rated 5 stars* for learner engagement and student support for Business and Management courses so you know you’ll be supported through your studies.
*Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Study two majors in three years and graduate with two specialisations, further enhancing your career prospects.
Some of the things you’ll learn
- workplace law
- employment relations
- principles of human resources management
- advanced human resource perspectives
- organisational theory and behaviour.
Your future career
When you graduate, you’ll be able to explore a range of roles across Australia and the world. It’s estimated that by 2023 there will be over 250,000 jobs in human resources.
Source: Dept of Small Business and Jobs Employment Projections Report 2018
Careers could include:
- Project Manager
- Human Resources Executive or Analyst
- Human Resources Policy Officer
- Payroll and Operations Support
- Recruitment Resourcer.
You could work in practically any industry where teams of people are needed to create change.
Recommended double majors
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.