Expand your skillset as you learn to teach adults in a variety of settings. After you successfully complete this Graduate Certificate, you can apply for admission to our Graduate Diploma in Education (Tertiary and Workplace).
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 year part-time (due to unit availability)
This course could suit you if you’re interested in transitioning to education from another discipline or already working in an adult learning context and wanting to expand your skills. For example, you might be working or aspiring to work as a lecturer, adult educator, facilitator, professional development facilitator, instructor or professional trainer.
You’ll explore the concepts, theories and practice of adult education and build on your own areas of interest through your choice of electives, such as Cultural Diversity in the Workplace and the Community, Curriculum Development for Practitioners and Practical Methods of Instruction.
5 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary and Adult Education at Murdoch
- Study at the first university in Australia, and among only a few in the world, to offer the Tribes TLCTM Basic Course Certification as an accredited postgraduate unit.
- Be mentored by our experienced teaching professionals who are here to support you in becoming a confident, creative and flexible educator.
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Most of our classes take place after work hours during the week, starting after 4.30pm.
- You’ll be taught by leading academics who have worked in industry.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- facilitating lifelong learning
- dynamics of cultural diversity in the workplace and the community
- curriculum development for practitioners
- practical methods of instruction.
Graduates of this course have gone on to become university lecturers , vocational education and training (VET) teachers , nurse educators, adult literacy teachers, community adult educators, human resources and industrial training officers, and professional development personnel.
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Tertiary and Adult Education provides formal recognition of an adult education qualification against the national vocational education and training (VET) Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Standard 1, Clause 1.16).
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Not available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
There may be a reduction in choice of units if completing this course in the external mode.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.