Build quality leadership and management skills to progress your career in the health care industry.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 semester full-time (if commencing in Semester 1) or part-time equivalent subject to unit availability. Students commencing mid-year (Semester 2) will need 1.5 years minimum enrolment (a total of 3 semesters) to complete requirements.
If you work within a healthcare environment and want the skills to navigate, lead change and drive innovation, this is the course for you.
This course is ideal for health and clinical administrators, coordinators and supervisors who are looking to step into a leadership or management role. It provides the hard and soft skills needed within a clinical context, including leadership and managerial skills, financial management in healthcare, policy and human factor considerations.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be eligible to apply for the Master of Health Care Management and you will be exempt from the units you’ve already completed that are common to both degrees.
5 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management at Murdoch
- Learn in a virtual classroom in this fully online course to help you fit study into your working life.
- Study on your own terms with flexible full- or part-time study.
- Be taught by leading academics who are qualified nurses with experience across Australia with research expertise in patient safety, leadership, resilience and management.
- Looking to continue on and complete a Master in as little as 18 months? We offer a 1.5 year Master of Health Care Management where you can use the units you’ve already completed in this course as credit.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- safety and quality in health care
- leadership in health care
- bioethics and law for health care leadership
- health policy in Australia and beyond.
As a graduate of this course, you will fulfil industry demand for increased middle management skills. The delivery of high quality services is essential within the health industry, particularly in private and aged care sectors.
Careers could include:
- Accreditation Coordinator
- Quality and Risk Manager
- HR Projects Director
- Health Care Clinic Manager
- Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Access to adequate library resources and to the Internet is essential for external students.
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.