Get the basic skills and expertise you need to become a leader in the ever-evolving and fast-growing health industry. Study how health policy, leadership, management, economics and analytics can bring a positive change to the health ecosystem.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 6 months full-time or part-time equivalent
The health industry is changing rapidly. Change is driven by an ageing population, greater consumer expectations, digital and technological disruption, the burden of chronic diseases and a growing focus on data and privacy.
This course is designed for recent graduates, those who may be exploring a new career in the health sector, and clinical practitioners looking for an administration, policy and leadership career pathway.
You can take advantage of our expertise in health research and teaching, with the opportunity to be taught by leading experts while connecting with industry employers at a local, national and international level.
You can choose to specialise in the areas of: health administration and leadership, evaluation and policy, or health informatics and analytics. You can also take a non-specialised approach for a broader and tailored pathway.
5 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Health Administration, Policy and Leadership at Murdoch
- Study on your own terms. Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. (If you’re an international student you’ll need to study full-time)
- In some specialisations, this course can be completed intensively over seven months.
- Get involved in free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Get support from course advisors and academic staff along your postgraduate journey – and be taught by experienced academics and senior health leaders.
- Looking to continue on and complete a Master in as little as 18 months? We offer a 1.5 year Master of Health Administration, Policy and Leadership where you can use the units you’ve already completed in this course as credit.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- health economics and finance
- strategic leadership and management
- health policy and governance
- policy research and evaluation
- organisational behaviour and management
- health analytics and informatics.
Health is one of Australia’s largest industries, with more than one million people employed nationally. It is also our largest single employment sector here in WA, with an extra 798,000 healthcare jobs expected to become available by 2025.
Source: Job Outlook Professional 2018
Careers could include:
- Health Manager
- Project Evaluation/Administration or Policy Officer
- Finance Officer / Chief Finance Officer
- Health Business Analyst
- Health Information Officer.
This course supports the growing demand for health service professionals nationally and internationally in medical associations, consultancy firms, insurance companies, medical technology firms and agencies, hospitals, advisory boards, government departments, and non-government organisations with a health focus.
- Perth Campus or external
An online version of this course is available
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Not available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.