If you’d like to make a positive impact in the world by running your own business, creating new opportunities or dreaming up new ideas, this is the course is for you.
- Full-time or part-time
- 4 years available both full-time and part-time
Explore the inner workings of business marketing, strategy and culture, with activities and workshops to boost your creative thinking skills. This is the only combined degree of its type in WA.
Develop the kind of business knowledge, skills and new ways of thinking you can use to bring fresh ideas to existing organisations or create your own business venture.
When you graduate, you’ll have the confidence to make a difference in both corporate and small business settings, or the skills you need to work for yourself. To expand your career prospects even further, you can choose to specialise in Accounting, Banking, Business Law, Finance, Global Business and Politics, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Human Resources Management, International Business, Management or Marketing.
9 reasons to study Commerce + Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Murdoch
- This degree is not offered anywhere else in WA.
- Think creatively to solve problems in a range of business and commerce workshops, rather than sitting in a one-way lecture.
- Create a business product or service, develop it and have the chance launch it in your final year.
- Double your career opportunities, graduating with two qualifications.
- Work with real organisations on real projects as part of our work integrated learning program.
- Join professional networks and build valuable connections through our academics and their close relationships with industry.
- We consulted with our academics, industry contacts and students in designing this course – so your skills and knowledge will be relevant when you begin your career.
- Take advantage of Launchpad, where you can connect, collaborate and create with local business and industry.
- Book a session with our Entrepreneur in Residence- Jeremy Chetty, former Murdoch student, successful entrepreneur and co-founder of Student Edge. Jeremy runs sessions on how to create your own start-up and can mentor and share his experiences with you.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- entrepreneurial marketing
- cultures of innovation
- entrepreneurial strategy
- resourcing an entrepreneurial venture
- law and the entrepreneur.
Your future career
Graduating with a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation opens up many career opportunities. You could work for yourself or work within any industry or sector.
Careers could include:
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Intrapreneur (you could be a manager within a company who promotes new product development and marketing)
- Account Executive
- Business Analyst or Manager
- Chief Executive Officer/Chief Financial Officer.
You could work in state and federal government, non-governmental organisations (known as NGOs), not-for-profit organisations, marketing, business, property and more – the list is endless!
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Application Checklist
- Check the course details
- Check the entry requirements for the course to clarify your eligibility
- Check your eligibility for a scholarship
- Prepare your documentation (see the checklist below)
- Ask us any questions you might have (we're here to help!)
- Now you're ready to apply!
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.
- Completed official Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion
- ATAR results
- STAT Test results