Learn how to approach legal issues and disputes to run your own business or make a real difference in not-for-profit organisations, government agencies or any sized business in Australia.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Every business in every industry is affected by the law – and this course could open up a world of opportunities for you.
Develop the management, business skills and legal knowledge needed to conduct day-to-day business. Identify when you need to seek legal advice and examine the important areas of finance, advertising and employment law. You’ll graduate knowing your rights as an employer and employee and will have the knowledge to set up and register your own business.
You’ll explore the laws around consumer and employee protection, product disclosure, business reporting, compliance and many other areas of business. You’ll also study principles of order and justice, and the different ways business disputes can be resolved.
6 reasons to study Business Law at Murdoch
- Work with real organisations on real projects as part of our work integrated learning program.
- Build your network of contacts by becoming a member of professional bodies and associations through our industry connections.
- Learn from experts in business law as they share their experience and insights from a range of perspectives.
- Combine your degree or take on a double major in another area to expand your career prospects even further.
- Take your career global. A Bachelor of Business a globally recognised degree.
- Prepare to work for any organization, or for yourself, as you learn to identify business opportunities, analyse problems and implement solutions.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- marketing and advertising law
- alternative dispute resolution
- workplace law
- finance law
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
You’ll graduate ready to work in practically any business or industry.
Careers could include:
- Financial Services Officer
- Legal Compliance Officer
- Business Owner or Entrepreneur
- Mediator and Industrial Relations
- Financial Analyst.
You could work for state and federal government agencies, non-governmental organisations (known as NGOs), not-for-profit organisations, major international brands or in other areas.
For more details about this course, please download our information pack.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.