Are you a person who always has to have the latest device? Have you built your own computer, coded your own app or need to be constantly connected to the Internet of Things?
The technology sector isn’t just growing, it’s evolving, so now is the perfect time to turn your tech hobby into a career with a degree in technology. The job you have in the future may not even exist right now – you could be protecting people’s privacy by fighting cyber-crime, using data analytics to drive decision making in health, business or government or building new systems, apps and games.
Where could a degree in technology take you?
With the wide range of ongoing technological advancements, we have a variety of technology-related degrees to suit your interests, including:
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security and Security Forensics
- Engineering Technology
- Games, Art & Design
- Games Software Design and Production
- Games Technology
- Internetworking and Network Security
- Mobile Web Application Development
- Physics and Nanotechnology
With an estimated 29,000 new technology related jobs in Australia by 2022, are you ready to help shape the way we live, work and play? Find out more about what kind of jobs you can get with a degree in technology.
Get a taste for you career with hands-on learning
By joining one of the fastest-growing industries you’ll get access to all the latest tech at Murdoch, giving you the chance to:
- develop ideas using our brand new IT innovation hub,
- get a better understanding of network engineering with the campus data centre,
- prepare for industry certification exams, so you’re ready to work anywhere in the world,
- learn in project-based units at an industry-standard engineering pilot plant, and
- work with one of our industry partners to solve real business problems.
You’ll also get the chance to complete additional work placements, industry projects and work simulations through Work Integrated Learning. The experience gained in these real-life scenarios will give you a taste for your future career and the technical, team and communication skills that are essential for a career in technology.