Sound On Festival is back in 2021 and it’s shaping up to be the best event yet. If your child is interested in music, is craving a concert experience, or is looking for a way to de-stress from study, Sound On might be the ticket they need.
Murdoch University is sponsoring the event and making sure everyone has a fun, but safe, day out with other high schoolers.
First and foremost, we want parents to to know their child will be safe and looked after at the festival. The entire event has been organised with safety in mind while providing an unforgettable experience for high school students. Read on for everything you need to know about Sound On Festival.
Why Murdoch created Sound On Festival
Your child works hard throughout the year and is often under a lot of pressure to perform. As the school year drags on, they’re looking for ways to relax and spend time with their friends. At the same time, they’re interested in experiencing more mature forms of entertainment. They’re not ready for the club scene – and you’re not ready for them to be clubbing – so the idea of Sound On Festival was born. Sound On is the only under-18 music festival in Perth.
About Sound On Festival 2021
Sound On is an affordable event for high school students, run by Murdoch University.
When is it?
2:00pm - 9:30pm - Saturday 18 December 2021.
Sound On line-up for 2021:
- What So Not
- Spacey Jane
- San Cisco
- Arno Faraji
- DJ Nik
More than a music festival
Murdoch has designed Sound On to appeal to a wide variety of interests. In addition to the music, there are plenty of free experiences to keep the fun going throughout the day, including:
- Silent Disco – Your child can escape the noise of the main stage and dance with friends at the silent Sound On disco.
- Glitter Bar and Hair Braiding – Teens can get festival-ready for free! Our talented make-up artists are onsite for the whole afternoon.
- Photo Booths – With heaps of filter options and special effects, your child can download their Insta-ready snaps and share them on social media.
- Gaming Hub – An awesome range of eSports, arcade and console games is the perfect way to have fun with friends between sets.
- The Chill Out Space – Students can pull up a beanbag and lounge with friends.
How to get tickets
Tickets are on sale now at Ticketek. The tickets go fast so don’t wait too long to purchase.
How we’re keeping your teen safe at Sound On
Sound On is a safe and enjoyable experience for high school students of all ages. Parents can feel comfortable sending their child to their first music festival in a controlled and safe environment. Murdoch University takes duty of care very seriously.
- Sound On Festival is drug and alcohol free.
- Strict age limits apply; only high school students with ID will be admitted.
- Red Frogs will be assisting at the event. They’ve been dedicated to keeping underage events drug and alcohol free since 1997.
- RAC Arena is a very secure venue with security staff throughout. Each child will be subjected to bag checks upon entry as part of the onsite security. Under no circumstances are prohibited items allowed, including alcohol, drugs, dangerous objects, etc.
- Pick-up and drop-off bays are at the front of the arena.
- There are no pass outs at the venue. Your child can’t leave and re-enter the event.