These steps are for domestic students enrolling in an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
To access your self enrolment steps log into myMurdoch and select the ‘learning’ heading from the menu on the left. Click on the ‘Manage course and unit enrolment’ option in the right hand menu and you can then begin the self enrolment process.
You need to complete each step before you can proceed through to the next step.
Self-enrol by following the below steps
- Disclaimer: This is your declaration that you will comply with the conditions of use at Murdoch University. You only need to do this once per year.
Services: In this step you can choose to be a Murdoch Student Guild member, register your SmartRider number for tertiary student concession fares and nominate if you’re a member of a special program, such as the Australian Defence Force or a recognised professional sporting organisation.
- Statistics: We are required by the Australian Government to record this information for your enrolment. Please read all questions carefully. Most questions are straightforward but some points to note include:
- Question 1: If you have a disability and wish to disclose it to the University, our Equity Access and Diversity Office may be able to support you in your studies. If you select to be contacted, we will contact you to make an appointment to discuss how we can assist you.
- Question 2: Our Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre provides academic and cultural support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. For more information, visit Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre.
- Course: This is where you can view your course details and indicate when you think you will complete your course. You can update your nominated completion period during your course if you need to. This is an indicator for the Graduations team to check your eligibility for graduation during your last semester of study.
Commonwealth Assistance Form (ECAF Form): You may or may not need to complete this step depending on what type of student you are. Your student type will be displayed on your offer letter.
If you are an eligible student in a Commonwealth supported place, you need to complete an ECAF to accept your place. If you meet the HECS-HELP eligibility you can also nominate to defer your fees in the ECAF. You will need to include your Tax File Number (TFN) if you wish to defer your fees.
If you are a domestic full fee paying student, you may be eligible to defer your fees using FEE-HELP. You must provide your TFN. As a domestic full fee paying student you only complete the ECAF if you wish to defer your fees; please skip the step if you wish to pay upfront.
- SA-HELP Form: The student services and amenities fee (SSAF) is a fee charged by higher education providers within Australia to help with student services and facilities that aren’t directly linked to your studies. The amount you pay depends on if you’re a full or part-time student, and which
campus you study at.
Eligible domestic students can defer this fee by completing the SA-HELP form. You must provide your TFN. Only complete this form if you wish to defer your SSAF; please skip this step if you wish to pay upfront.
Units: This step is where you will enrol into the units you intend to study in the coming year. Refer to the ‘Plan your units’ step for information on how to view your course structure and choose your units.
Click the ‘Add units’ button and type in the unit code (ie. MSP100) that you wish to enrol into. Select the relevant unit, teaching period (ie. S1), study mode (internal or external) and location and press the ‘add to cart’ button. You can then enrol into more units by selecting ‘add more units’. Once you have finished adding all of the required units, you will need to make sure you press the ‘save my changes’ button for these to be finalised.
If a unit is marked as invalid, roll over the red text to get information.
Please enrol into all of your units for the year.
Your course status will initially appear as ‘inactive’ – don’t worry, this is correct! It will remain as ‘inactive’ until semester begins, then will automatically change to ‘enrolled.’
You have now completed your Self Enrolment Steps. Refer to Step 4: Select your classes for your next steps.