Self-enrolment steps

Enrolling in OnTrack and FlexiTrack can all be done online. It helps to have your student number and SmartRider number ready before getting started.

You can also add your SmartRider at any time if you haven’t currently got one.

You can now enrol in your units by logging into MyInfo then completing the self-enrolment steps.

If you experience any issues with your self-enrolment steps, please contact:

Self-enrol by following the below steps

  1. Disclaimer: This is your declaration that you will comply with the conditions of use at Murdoch University. You only need to do this once per year.
  2. Services: You can choose to be a Murdoch Student Guild member, apply for a student concession SmartRider and nominate if you’re a member of the Australian Defence Force.

    The Elite Athlete Program is not available to OnTrack or FlexiTrack students so please select ‘none’. If you play sport at a national or international level, you could be eligible for the program once you start an undergraduate degree.

  3. Statistics: We are required to record this information for your enrolment. Please read all questions carefully. Most questions are straightforward but some points to note include:
    • Question 1: If you have a disability and wish to disclose it to the University, our Equity Access and Diversity Office may be able to support you in your studies. If you select to be contacted, we will contact you to make an appointment to discuss how we can assist you.
    • Question 2: Our Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre provides academic and cultural support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. For more information, visit Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre.
    • Question 9: If you didn’t complete Year 12, TAFE or any other qualification or certificate, please select ‘no prior education attainment’.
  4. Course: You can view your course name, status and campus location, then click next.
  5. Commonwealth Assistance Form (ECAF Form): OnTrack and FlexiTrack are all free, so you will not incur any fees, however you need to complete the Commonwealth Assistance Form (ECAF Form). This ensures we are eligible to receive federal funding for your place in the program.

    You are enrolling into an enabling course which is fully funded so there will be no student contribution for your course. You will not be liable for any fees. You need to complete this question as follows:

    Section D: Tax File Number (TFN)

    • Question 9. Please tick ‘I do not want a HECS-HELP loan. I am applying for a CSP only and will pay my student contribution amounts upfront and in full’.

    Your tax file number is not mandatory to enrol in an enabling program. However, all university study after completing either OnTrack or FlexiTrack will incur fees. Further information about the Commonwealth Assistance Form is available at

    • Question 10. Please tick ‘Full upfront payment of my student contribution amount.’
  6. SA-HELP Form: This is only relevant to eligible students who are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fees (SSAF). You will not be charged for this fee in an enabling course so please skip this step.
  7. Units: Find the unit code by clicking on the course structure button on the course pages of OnTrack and FlexiTrack. Add the units by searching for the unit code. Select the relevant teaching period and location then press ‘add to cart’. Make sure you press ‘save my changes’ button once you finish adding units to ensure your enrolment is saved.

    You may refer back to the How to Enrol in OnTrack and FlexiTrack guide if you need assistance in choosing your study mode in FlexiTrack.

    Your status will initially appear as ‘inactive’ – don’t worry, this is correct! It will remain as ‘inactive’ until semester begins, then will automatically change to ‘enrolled.’