Services for employers
The Careers and Employability team liaise directly with local, national and international employers who are looking to connect with Murdoch University students and graduates as part of their recruitment strategy.
Many of our services can be accessed remotely, however, we do host various on-campus events throughout the academic year for employers to engage directly with our students and graduates.
CareerConnect is an online jobs, news and events portal for students and recent graduates of Murdoch. All Murdoch University students and graduates are eligible to register with CareerConnect and view your job vacancies and other opportunities.
If you are new to CareerConnect you will need to register your organisation. Registration is easy to complete by selecting the “register” button from the menu on the left of screen. Once you have completed registration and been approved, you will receive an email notifying you that registration has been successful, allowing you to log in and post your vacancy. If you are already registered you may log in using your username and password whenever vacancies arise within your organisation.
What does CareerConnect provide?
Registration as an employer on CareerConnect will allow you to:
- add/edit a list of contact people (representatives) within your organisation
- add vacancies directly on CareerConnect
- edit and close vacancies you have listed
- view a history of all previous vacancies you have listed on CareerConnect.
There is no charge to employers for the above services—a great way to include Murdoch talent in your recruitment strategy.
Contact us if you would like to promote an industry event on CareerConnect for students or recent graduates.
Targeted email service
Promote your career development programs to Murdoch students through our targeted email service. The Murdoch Careers and Employability team can organise an email that is tailored to the outcomes of a search report based on information provided by your organisation.
Prices depend on the number of students you wish to target in the mailout:
- cost per mailout – $1.10 per email
- cost for search report – $ 110.00.
(All prices are inclusive of GST)
All communications will include the following message:
“The Murdoch Careers & Employability team has organised this email-out and has not released your name and address to our organisation. Our organisation does not collect information obtained from the receipt of returned mail.”
An invoice will be forwarded to you from the University upon completion of the search report/subsequent mailout.
On-campus career events
The Careers and Employability team organise a variety of on-campus events annually that either target individual disciplines or are for all students.
- Graduate Careers Expo – held at the start of Semester 1 each year to coincide with graduate recruitment (February/March), the Graduate Careers Expo promotes graduate programs and other graduate opportunities to final year students from all disciplines.
- Career boot camps/professional development days – Career boot camps and professional development days are one-day intensive skill development and industry networking events for final year students held at various points throughout the year.
- Access Experience Fair – Held at the start of Semester 2 each year (July/August), this event promotes the value of students gaining real-world experience whilst completing their studies. This includes volunteering, vacation employment, casual work and internships and is for all disciplines.
Contact us to find out more about any of these events.
An on-campus information session provides employers with the chance to advertise current opportunities to students in the form of a presentation/Q&A session. When arranging an information session please note:
- Disciplines such as Education, Nursing and Veterinary Science run to a different teaching timetable due to practicum placements.
- Branded artwork/visual content is useful when internally promoting information sessions to targeted students.
- If you would like to have catering at your information session, please let us know so that we can organise an appropriate venue. There are two main on-campus food outlets that can arrange suitable catering of your choice (details can be provided upon request).
- Information sessions are most effective at the start of any given semester (well before exams and assignment due dates). If you are looking to organise an information session, please contact us well before semester starts to allow for appropriate promotion, venue booking etc.
If you are running an off-campus information session that you would like to promote to Murdoch University students, please send us the details via email so that we can upload it to our CareerConnect portal.
Information sessions are subject to venue availability and this is determined by the time of semester. Contact us to find out more.