Everyone has the right to feel safe and secure on campus. Our new MurdochSafe app gives you quick access to all the safety and emergency services you need – on and off campus.
Stay safe wherever you go with MurdochSafe
MurdochSafe is the official safety and emergency app of Murdoch University, giving you fast access to vital safety and emergency services on and off campus.
Available for free on iPhone and Android, Murdoch Safe features:
- Campus Security contacts for the Perth, Mandurah and Rockingham campuses
- Campus emergency buttons that notify Security Services of your location
- Quick connection to vital off-campus safety, health and emergency resources such as Police & Emergency Services, Mental Health Emergency Response Line, Lifeline and Crisis Care
- Contacts and information for on-campus medical, counselling, safety and disability services
- Confidential and anonymous reporting of sexual harassment or sexual assault to the University
- Access to Murdoch’s emergency response procedures
- A map sharing function for users to send their location to anyone via email
With added features including:
- Links to COVID-19 updates and resources
- How to respond to Cyber Abuse and support services on and off campus
- Domestic and Family violence and personal safety plan information and support services available on and off campus
- Personal Safety Toolkit including:
- Loud Alarm
- Send your location to a friend or family
- Safety tips
- Murdoch University’s Singapore, Dubai and Myanmar campus security and safety information
Contact Security Services
|Open||24 hours a day, 7 days a week.|
Central security office – +61 8 9360 6262
Perth campus – +61 8 9360 7333 (Ext 333)
Mandurah campus – +61 8 9582 5555 (Ext 555)
Rockingham campus – +61 8 9553 7333
You can also reach us using the security call points located on campus.
Our Security Services team is responsible for:
- 24-hour security patrols and security escort service
- After-hours emergency response and liaison point for emergency maintenance
- Alarm responses, installations and CCTV monitoring and reporting (the average on-campus alarm response time is 4 minutes)
- Building access control, including keys and electronic access management control, opening and securing main buildings and teaching rooms, and after hours opening of doors
- Crime prevention and victim support
- Emergency planning and responding to emergencies
- First aid (providing first aid assistance)
- Logistical services
- Lost property
- Parking permits and traffic control
We can also help you with information about staying safe on campus and responding to reports about any suspicious activity.
In a life-threatening emergency, call 000 (‘Triple Zero’) for Police, Fire or Ambulance Services, then call our Security Services team. For all other emergencies, call Security Services.
Find out more about what to do in an emergency.
If you have found an item of lost property you can hand it in at one of these locations:
- Geoffrey Bolton Library - 350
- The Student Centre - 330.2.021
- Student Services Desk Mandurah campus - 100
- Security Services Perth campus - 435
- Security Services Rockingham campus – Common Teaching building 104
If you have lost an item, you can report missing property using the lost property form.