Data Visualisation and Storytelling
Wanting to get into the business and data analytics field? Or are you finding your current role is increasingly having to rely upon data analysis to perform your role? Keep up and upskill with our Data Visualisation and Storytelling course which is designed to provide you with a learning pathway to switch careers or gain new data skills beneficial for professionals across all sectors. For example, maybe you are a marketer assessing large volumes of campaign data, or a policy or healthcare professional assessing the efficacy of different policy approaches.
Develop your skills
You will gain the confidence to focus on more advanced business problem solving through data analysis, visualisation and business communication. Working with market leading BI platform Tableau to create interactive visualisations for key business functions and combine visualisations to create operational dashboards that will support you to drive business insights and decisions. The final project will introduce you to predictive modelling to forecast operational information in order to make recommendations against defined business priorities.
After this course you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate strategic priorities to support the implementation of dashboards and increase the level of data-driven decision making in an organisation.
- Perform diagnostic analysis to create and interpret prescriptive models to influence future organisational requirements.
- Evidence the capability to make data-driven decisions.
- Recognise and address the ethical and social issues of applying data analytics techniques in specific organisational contexts
Week 1: Introduction to visualising data
- Data design fundamentals
- Designing charts
- Visualising complex relationships
Week 2: Data visualisation in Tableau
- Getting started with Tableau
- Creating charts in Tableau
- Interactive visualisations
Week 3: Designing dashboards
- Dashboards and business metrics
- Dashboard design
- Creating dashboards in Tableau
Week 4: Data communication and storytelling with Tableau
- Accessible dashboards
- Communicating insights
- Supporting dashboard adoption
Week 5: Introduction to predictive analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Modelling and inferential statistics
- Predictive models and forecasting
Week 6: Working as a high-performing data analyst
- Ethics and analytics
- New ways of working for data analysts
- Next steps
English language requirements
Your future career
Completing this course will enable you for data analytics specific jobs, as well as support skill development relevant to a wide range of professional career pathways you may be considering.
Data analytics roles
- Business analyst
- Data analyst
Sector specific examples
- Marketing data analyst
- Financial data analyst
- Policy data analyst
- Data scientist
- Data engineer