Murdoch University's Careers Masterclass is an annual professional development day for careers counsellors and teachers.
Murdoch's Careers Masterclass is a professional development day for careers counsellors, teachers and those who are involved in career conversations with students and their families.
This year our theme is Innovative Learning.
To find out everything you need to know about this event including more information about the workshops and speakers, please look at our full event schedule.
- 7.15 - 7.30am: Registration
- 7.30 - 8.15am: Networking Breakfast
- 8.25 - 8.40am: Acknowledgement of Country and Welcome
- 8.40 - 9.05am: Keynote Speaker – Dr Shannon Johnson - Learning innovation: Meeting current needs of learners whilst preparing them for an unknown, evolving world.
- 9.05 - 9.30am: Admissions and Pathways Update
- 9.45 - 10.45am: Workshop Session 1 - See options below or look at our event schedule
- 11.00 - 12.00pm: Workshop Session 2 - See options below or look at our event schedule
Please note: All registrants will be mailed a temporary parking permit and a map with details of where to park for the event.
Workshop 1 (select one of the following options):
- Education - Avatars and Mixed Reality Learning Environments: Technologies for Change
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation - Think with your Hands, Listen with your Eyes
- Criminology - Ditch the Phone and Talk to your Kids!
- Veterinary Science - Employability in the Veterinary Profession: What Makes for a Successful Career?
Workshop 2 (select one of the following options):
- Nursing - Simulated Learning: Nursing Education in the Digital Age
- Psychology - Learning to Learn: Evidence-based Study Techniques for Learning and Retaining Information in the Long Term
- Creative Media - Graphic Design: More than Just Making Beautiful Things
- Sports and Exercise Science - Turning a Love of Sport into a Career
- Law - Bringing Law to Life: Student Experiences at Murdoch
To find out further information about the workshops, please look at our full event schedule.
By attending, you will:
- Hear from our academics about how they are championing innovative learning with tools and approaches in the classroom varying from the use of virtual reality to encouraging students to create LEGO masterpieces.
- Learn about our campus development projects including a new teaching and events space in the Perth CBD and our plans to transform health on a global scale with the establishment of a state-of-the-art facility drawing together some of the world’s best health and medical researchers.
- Participate in a series of workshops that will take you into the facilities on campus, immersing you in the Murdoch student learning environment.
- Be updated on courses, admission requirements and entry pathways.
- Receive a resource pack and a Certificate of Completion.
For more information about this event, or future events at Murdoch, go to murdoch.edu.au/events.