Double majors or minors
Once you’ve accepted an offer to study at Murdoch, you can add a second major to your course to broaden your career options.
Completing a double major or adding a minor to your degree will help you expand your expertise and broaden your career prospects. Here’s what you need to know:
- You can only apply for a second major or any minors after you have applied and been accepted to Murdoch for a single major.
- Once you have received and accepted your offer to study, you will need to submit a written request to add a second major or minors to your enrolment record.
- If you are a domestic student, you can request a double major or minors through MyAnswers.
- If you are an international student, you can email the international admissions team to request a double major or minors.
When your second major or minor has been added, you will receive written confirmation. You can self-enrol in the units for the second major or minor before it is added to your record, as long as it is not a restricted major.
You can’t add a major to every course because of student quotas. These courses are known as restricted majors:
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Veterinary Science
If you meet the entry requirements and would like to to study a restricted major, please place it as your first preference when you apply.
Ready to apply?
If you’ve decided what to study and know the entry requirements for your course, take the next step and apply to Murdoch.