Sometimes circumstances change and you may be eligible for a refund or partial refund. If you are receiving a scholarship or financial aid, please check with your lending institution to learn about any policies that may apply if you request a refund.
All tuition fees will be fully refunded if:
- Murdoch withdraws the offer of a place, or
- Murdoch is unable to provide the program.
Partial or no refund
- If you are refused a student visa, all tuition fees are refundable less a $250 administrative fee.
- If you are refused a student visa due to fraud, all tuition fees paid are non-refundable.
- If you give notice of withdrawal more than ten weeks before commencement of the semester/trimester, all tuition fees paid in advance are refundable less 10% of the semester/trimester tuition fees due or $500 whichever is the lesser.
- If you give notice of withdrawal less than ten weeks before commencement of the semester/trimester, all tuition fees paid in advance are refundable less 30% of the coming semester/trimester tuition fee.
- If you withdraw from the University after commencement of the semester/trimester but before the Census Date, you shall be eligible for a refund of fees paid for the current and future semesters/trimesters less 70% of the fee for the current semester/trimester.
- If you withdraw from the University after the Census date or after the end of the fourth week of semester where the Census Date is earlier than the end of the fourth week, you shall be eligible for a refund of fees paid for the current and future semesters/trimesters less 100% of the fee for the current semester/trimester.
- If you defer the commencement of your course to a future teaching period, your indicative tuition fee payment will be transferred to that future study period.
- If you accept and then defer your offer for a semester/trimester and then choose not to commence with the University, all tuition fees paid in advance are refundable less 30% of the coming semester/trimester tuition fee.
Packaged Conditional Offers/Confirmation of Enrolments (COE)
- If you are refused a student visa, the packaging fee deposit is refundable less a $250 administrative fee.
- If you are refused a student visa due to fraud, the packaging fee deposit paid is non-refundable.
- If you have a packaged offer and COE with a Murdoch University partner institution and you do not progress on to Murdoch University the packaging fee deposit is non-refundable.
Cancellation of Course by Murdoch University
- In the event that Murdoch University is unable to deliver a course in full, an affected student will be offered a full refund of all the tuition fees paid to date. The refund will be paid to the student within 4 weeks of the day on which the University ceases to offer the course.
- Alternatively the student may be offered enrolment in a suitable course delivered by Murdoch University at no extra cost. The student will have the right to choose either a full refund of tuition fees, or to accept a place in another course. If placement in another course is preferred, the student will be asked to sign a document to indicate that they have accepted the placement.
- Students on scholarships or financial aid should seek advice from their lending institution in regards to any additional policies which may apply in the case of a student requesting a refund.
- Students seeking a refund must apply in writing using the Refund Request Form.
- Once ALL information/documents have been received, refunds will be processed within 2 weeks.
- Refunds are made in Australian dollars unless requested otherwise and will only be made if the University has already received the cleared monies in its bank accounts.
Refund of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Students who depart Australia earlier than the visa end date can seek refund of overpaid OSHC from their OSHC provider.
- Students are required to apply for their OSHC refund by contacting Allianz Global Assistance directly. Please download the OSHC refund form.
In the event that your enrolment is suspended or cancelled for whatever reason, any amount that you owe to Murdoch as enrolment fees remains due and owing to Murdoch University. If you do not pay this amount, then Murdoch University may elect to recover this debt and any applicable debt collection fees.
For further information regarding the refund policy please contact us on email@example.com.