Study a single unit

At Murdoch, you can enrol in individual units rather than a full course, to boost your studies or career.

Combine study from different institutions

If you are currently studying at another Australian institution, you can add units from Murdoch University towards your qualification. This is called “Cross Institutional Enrolment” or cross enrolment and is available if you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate student.

The fees for units you study as a Cross Enrolled student will be charged in line with your enrolment at your home university.

You can apply to a specific unit as a Cross Enrolled student by submitting the below application form:

Single unit or non-award study

If you would like to expand your interest in a certain area of study or need to take one or two units to meet professional requirements, you can apply to study at Murdoch as a Non Award student.

This type of study is available at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. When you study as a non-award student, you will not receive a qualification at the completion of your unit. Your fees will be charged at a full fee rate.

To apply to an individual unit as a non-award student, please complete and submit the below application form:


You can browse all of Murdoch’s available units to choose which one you would like to enrol in.

See all units

You may also like to explore Murdoch’s courses, including enabling courses that help you get into the Murdoch course you aspire to.