Our campus is changing as part of a broader vision to bring a new focus to our key teaching, learning, research activities, facilties and amenities to enhance your experience of a campus education.
Our Masterplan outlines the key changes you’re likely to see as our campus develops. Four distinct precincts have been identified to support the Academic Core: the Sports Precinct, Knowledge and Health Precinct, Southern Living Lab Precinct and Western Residential Precinct. The key initiatives of the Strategic Masterplan include:
- Develop cutting-edge learning, teaching and research facilities in the Academic Core
- Create a physical chain linking with our MSAC neighbours, integrating the State’s Health Campus wih the university’s broader life sciences
- Extend the Broadwalk as an iconic pedestrian and cycle boulevard connecting all precincts to Murdoch Station
- Protect and restore the campus ecological networks with their wealth of biodiversity
- Uphold the campus farm and surrounding living lab as an asset of our university
- Prioritise Discovery Way as the primary gateway for public and private transport, including provisions for future rapid bus and light rail along with a clear university arrival point at a Southern Plaza.
The Perth Campus Strategic Masterplan has been endorsed by the University Senate. Detailed precinct designs will follow and there will be opportunity for members of the Murdoch community to get involved in this process.
Find out more
Our Campus Planning team in the Campus and Facilities Management Office are responsible for our Campus Masterplan. If you would like to learn more, please contact:
Senior Executive Director, Property, Development and Commercial Services Office
Mr Steven Dickson
Phone: 9360 7569
Fax: 9360 2949
General Manager Strategy and Planning
Ms Barbara Gdowski
Phone: 9360 2710
Fax: 9360 2949